The International Leadership Program to India is right around the corner. Here is some important Passport and Visa information to assist you in preparing your documents. Please read this information carefully as there are some deadlines to note. And, as always, be in touch if you have any questions.
If Have Your Passport: Please email a scanned copy of your passport in PDF to John by May 21st. We need this information in order to confirm your airline flight.
If You Do Not Have Your Passport: Please apply for one NOW. Processing time is currently 4-6 weeks. For more information on how to obtain a passport visit the Department of State’s Website: http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html. You can also apply for a passport at any US Post Office: http://www.usps.com/passport.
In order to go to India, you will need to obtain a tourist visa. Travisa Outsourcing is the company that handles India’s visa applications. Their website provides all of the information you will need to know about applying for this visa. Please read through it carefully: https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com. Also, please look at the requirements needed to obtain a visa: https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/guidelines?id=1.
When applying for your visa, remember the following:
- You are applying for a TOURIST visa not a student visa.
- Complete the online India Visa Application
- Make sure that your Passport is valid for six months from the date of the application and has least two blank visa pages.
- Take 2 identical passport size photographs. No glasses are allowed to be worn.
- Minor applicants must have have a copy of the vital page(s) containing the picture and signature page of both parents signed passports.
- Submit a photocopy with proof of residence/address that matches the present address on the visa application exactly.
- Present a photocopy of the birth certificate or any government issued document that shows parents name, date of birth and nationality. Depending on your nationality at birth, these are the documents that are accepted. For US Born citizens, a birth certificate is needed. For others, please see the visa requirements: https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/guidelines?id=1
- Processing Time: You can either apply for your visa in person or by mail. If you apply in person it will take about one day to process your visa and if you apply by mail it will take about five days.
Remember, Travisa Outsourcing is the company that handles India’s visa applications. Their website provides all of the information you will need to know about applying for this visa. Please read through it carefully: https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com.