India Visa Instructions
Please complete the India Visa Application (you can download the visa application form here) according to these instructions. Be sure to send your completed application to the Consulate that handles your state of residency:
If you live in: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virgin Islands, send your package to:
Consulate General of India - New York
3 East, 64th Street
New York, NY 10021
If you live in: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, send your package to:
Consulate General of India - San Francisco
540 Arguello Boulevard
San Francisco, CA 94118
If you live in: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, send your package to:
Consulate General of India - Chicago
455 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive, Suite 850
Chicago, IL 60611
If you live in: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas, send your package to:
Consulate General of India - Houston
1990 Post Oak Boulevard # 600
3 Post Oak Central
Houston, TX 77056
You will need to send your Visa Application package a minimum of ONE MONTH before your program start date. Students joining the spring semester should apply for visas after November 15 and those for the fall should apply after June 15 in order to stay within the 6-month window. Send your package Express Mail or Federal Express to ensure its safe arrival.
The package must include the following:
1. Your passport (the original--not a copy), which must be good for at least 6 months after the end date of the program. If your passport is new, make sure that you have signed the first page’s signature line. Please make two copies of the front page of your passport before sending it away---send one copy to Global Learning and keep one copy for yourself.
2. The Visa Application Form filled out according to the instructions on the next page. Carefully review your form to make sure it is complete before sending it to the Consulate. You must sign the application. We also recommend you keep a copy of the completed form.
3. TWO 2”x 2” identical passport photographs (full color photos---b/w prints or copies will not be accepted), stapled to the right hand corner of the Visa Application Form.
4. A money order/bank draft/certified check for $60 made out to the Consulate General of India, to cover your visa fee. It is always a good idea to double check with the Consulate to confirm that they have not changed their fees.
5. One prepaid Express Mail envelope with your address on it, enclosed with your application, for the Consulate to use to mail back your passport. Write down the tracking number on the envelope before sending it away.
Carefully read and check off boxes below to ensure proper processing of your visa.
Passport, valid for 6 months after program end date
Passport is signed
2 Photocopies of the inside page of your passport, send one copy to Global Learning
Two identical passport photographs, stapled to the Visa Application Form
Photocopy of the completed Visa Application
Payment to General Consulate of India for $60
Prepaid self-addressed Express Mail envelope for the return of your passport, tracking number noted
Packet sent by Federal Express or Express Mail, tracking number noted
Please read the instructions carefully and complete the Visa application form neatly and according to the directions below. Make sure you answer every item. Passport related information can be found on the inside page of your passport. The numbers below relate to the line item on the application form.
1) Write your full name.
2) Complete this line only if your name was different when you were born.
3) Check appropriate marital status.
4) Complete only if you have a maiden name.
5) Complete your date of birth.
6) Check the correct sex.
7) Write your place of birth, including the country.
8) List your current nationality.
9) Check no if you have a US passport.
10) List your nationality at birth.
11) Leave blank unless you have had other nationalities.
12) List your present address.
13) List your phone number.
14) List your permanent address.
15) Write Student unless you have a different profession.
16) If you are a student, leave blank.
17) List your passport number.
18) List validity date of passport.
19) List where your passport was issued.
20) List the date it was issued.
21) Give your father’s or husband’s name.
22) List the nationality of your father or husband.
23) List the nationality of your mother.
24) Check Tourist Visa.
25) Check six months.
26) Answer only if you have visited India before.
27) Answer no.
28) Answer no.
29) Answer Travel. (Do not put in extra explanations of your trip on this line.)
30) Answer no.
31) Leave blank.
32) Answer with the date of first day of the program.
33) Answer with the date of second day of the program.
34) Answer New Delhi.
35) Leave blank.
36) A) Mr.Rinchen Namgial, Yama AdventureTravels, Leh, Ladakh
B) Mr. John Eastman, 4818 43rd Street, No. 4C, Woodside, NY 11377
Bottom: write your full name in the blank space, sign, and give your place and date